Art in the Library
Art Exhibits & Receptions
Monthly exhibits and artists’ receptions are held throughout the year in the Founders Room.
Interested in showing your Art at the Library in 2016? See Art Jury below.
Get creative by attending one of our monthly workshops organized by Library volunteer Carol Weiss. From pastels to Chinese brush painting, finger-painting to collage, workshops are usually the first Friday of each month. RSVPs are required. Check for the next workshop.
Docents from the Fine Arts Museums of San Francisco, the Asian Art Museum, and the San Francisco Museum of Modern Art give lectures on current and upcoming exhibitions. Check for upcoming lectures.
Figure out canned search for these (may need a specific keyword).
Art Jury - Selection Process
- The Art Jury is run by the Belvedere Tiburon Library Art Committee.
- Art needs to be two dimensional and hang-able.
- Work selected by the Committee will be shown in the Founders Room of the Library for approximately 4 weeks sometime between January & December 2016.
- Selected works should be available for sale. The Library retains 25% of the sales proceeds.
What to bring:
- Your name, address, phone number, and email
- Show history
- Art education
- Photos of your work (no slides)
- One framed original
Dates: Jury begins October 7, 2015 for the 2016 exhibit year
Gently Used Art Auction
A biennial event spanning several days in the Library's Founders Room in which donated artworks are sold through a silent auction. The next Gently Used Art Auction will be held in the spring of 2016.