This is the second of John Muir Laws nature journaling workshops- you will learn tips and tricks for field sketching.
So you want to draw but have not picked up a pencil since elementary school?
This workshop is geared for the raw beginner who is terrified of sketching and is convinced that they can not draw.
You can learn to draw. This workshop will show you how to begin.
In this workshop you will learn:
- The drawing "order of operations".
- How to look at a subject as an artist so you can draw what you see.
- How to simplify shapes, values, and colors.
- Where to start and how to make your first lines.
- Key drawing tricks that many any subject easier to manage.
- How to use a small set of colored pencils to get infinite hues.
- The roadmap to fast accurate drawing.
Bring your journaling kit or a sketchbook and pencil.
Bring a set of colored pencils including magenta (if you use Prismacolor pencils, that is “process red” and if you use Faber-Castell Polychromos that is “Fuchsia”).
Space is limited. RSVP below or call 415.789.2661.