- If your search in the library catalog doesn't result in a match, click on the LINK+ button to run the same search in the LINK+ catalog.
- When you locate the item you wish to borrow, click on the blue "REQUEST THIS ITEM" link.
- You will be asked "With which institution are you affiliated?" Click on the down arrow, and select the library that is your MARINet home library .
- Then click on the "Submit above information" button.
- You will be asked to enter your name, your 14-digit MARINet library card number and your PIN. You must also select a pickup location, which can be any MARINet Library. (It does not need to be your home library.)
The average time for an item to arrive and be available is after four business days. The item is then held for you to checkout at your pickup library for seven open days, before it is sent back.
Books are loaned for a period of 21 days. You may renew LINK+ books for an additional 14 days if no one is waiting for the item.
Most media (DVDs, Videos) are loaned for 7 days. If your home library loans these types of items to other LINK+ libraries, than you can borrow these types of items from other LINK+ libraries.
The overdue fine for items returned after the due date is $1.00 per day, per item. The maximum overdue fine is $15.00 per item. After two weeks, overdue LINK+ items are billed for the replacement charge. The replacement cost for a lost or damaged LINK+ item is $115.00.
You may monitor the status of your LINK+ request by checking on "My Account" in the MARINet Catalog. When the status is listed as "LINK+ RECV'D," the item is ready for you to pick up at the library.