Out of an abundance of caution, the Marin County Department of Health and Human Services (HHS) is recommending the cancellation or postponement of nonessential indoor gatherings of more than 100 people to prevent the spread of COVID-19[External], commonly called the novel coronavirus. This recommendation is in place for two weeks and will be re-evaluated as new information becomes available.
The Reed School Disctrict has posted great infomation about the coronavirus and its impact on our community.
They are closely monitoring updates from the Marin County Office of Public Health and the Marin County Office of Education, as well as the California Department of Public Health (CDPH), the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC), and the World Health Organization (WHO) to provide the most up-to-date information.
An effective way to reduce our risk of becoming infected with a respiratory virus, such as COVID-19, is to practice good hygiene:
• Wash your hands frequently with soap and water for at least 20 seconds
• Use an alcohol-based hand sanitizer when soap and water is not available
• People who are sick should always cover their coughs and sneezes using a tissue or the crook of their elbow; wash your hands after using a tissue to wipe your nose or mouth
• People who are sick should stay home from work or school until they are well
• Avoid touching your eyes, nose or mouth with your unwashed hands
For more information, please visit the links below: