An archive dedicated to collecting and preserving information on local, regional, and state history with a strong emphasis on the history and culture of Marin County, its resources include photographs, oral histories, biography files, maps, books, directories, voter registers, local newspaper clippings, documents, and ephemera. Includes a collection from 1884 to the present of over 32,000 digitized photos, newspaper articles, illustrations and more
An independent, locally owned subscription newspaper that covers the people and activities of the Tiburon Peninsula, which includes Belvedere, Tiburon, Strawberry and East Corte Madera, it has an archive that goes back to 1979, but it is not indexed. The Library has issues from 1977 ongoing, which may be consulted in the library only.
The Landmarks Society is a non-profit, charitable and educational organization for the acquisition and preservation of property of significance to natural and cultural history in Tiburon and Belvedere. Historic photos, local history videos and videos of recent concerts held at Old St. Hilary's may be viewed on their website.
In 1904 the U.S. Navy acquired the property to use as a coaling station, from which Coal for the Navy’s ships was shipped from the East Coast in colliers (like tankers today) and stored here to be loaded into the bunkers of the Pacific Fleet.